HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Cristmas

Delete this post Submitted by Ed Gallo on 29/Dec/2017 in reply to Re: Cristmas posted by Frank Dattilio on 24/Dec/2017

Thanks to you both, Dave and Frank. It looks like we will have a good ice fishing season this year but I always have mixed emotions because I know its so hard on all the other critters. I hope every Sportsperson has a safe, happy and successful 2018 and the hunting and fishing improves.

I was asked by a reporter yesterday if the hunters would tolerate a moratorium on moose hunting if the FWD deemed it necessary due to the decline in the herd. The implication was that hunters would not care about the moose but, instead, would insist on the opportunity to hunt them.

My response seemed to surprise him. I told him that every single true hunter I know cares most about the animals they pursue and that I am certain they would support such a move for the good of the moose herd if that is what the FWD deemed necessary. I told him I know the FWD would show projections of the impact on the herd that a short term moratorium would result in. I told him the hunters understand the animals and how they relate to the environment and to other animals and that our primary concern is for the health of both. I truly believe this is true of 99% of the hunting population and I am proud of them all.

Ed

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text