HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

2017 HAT Special Opportunity Moose Hunt

Delete this post Submitted by Ed Gallo on 01/Nov/2017

Well, our hunter put in a great effort this year but it was not to be. He saw three moose during the course of his hunt but none offered a good shot opportunity and he responsibly passed.

I could only hunt opening day with him and, thankfully, Clark Combs was good enough to guide him the rest of the season as I had committed to a hunt in Ohio. Clark had scouted some prime country and had seen plenty of moose prior to the season but its never a 100%. Our hunter could not go out the last day of the season due to another commitment he had but he had a great time.

Joe Cullen and his wife, Liz provided camp support and were invaluable to the hunt. They worked hard to make certain he had a great hunt and I really appreciate their efforts.

HAT strives to provide a special hunt to youth with life threatening illnesses every year and we fund the entire hunt through our fund raising efforts and the generosity of donors to this project. We have been pretty successful in providing a good opportunity to harvest a moose and many of our hunters have gotten their moose.

Our main effort though, is to provide these youngsters with a great hunt experience and to forget for a little while the challenges they face. Its tough to see some of the serious issues they deal with every day but every one of our hunters has always exhibited nothing but bravery and persistence and made me proud to know them.
Thanks,
Ed

Replies to this post

No replies yet

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text