HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buck Harvest

Delete this post Submitted by Lee on 28/Oct/2017 in reply to Re: Re: Re: Re: Buck Harvest posted by Sherb on 28/Oct/2017

Sherb, I've had an awesome place to hunt for decades now but a few years ago we noticed the numbers of doe was way down and very few fawns. We decided to concentrate on bucks only and were pretty successful. Now what's happened is the herd is up, the number of fawns is up But because of that there are deer showing up in the fields and the illegal hunting is out of hand. the local warden has told us he has his hands full this year. We've found deer remains that were probably from someone trying to take a deer on this posted property that hit a deer from the road and didn't want to follow up and let that deer go off and die.
It's sickening to put as much effort into improving the hunting and to have some jackers ruin all the work we did. There has always been jacking there as far back as the 70s when I started hunting this property but this year it seems to have ramped up a notch. A neighbor caught a guy shooting from the road over posters and didn't seem to care what anyone thought.
i hope the wardens are able to get a handle on this problem.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text