HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buck Harvest

Delete this post Submitted by Sherb on 28/Oct/2017 in reply to Re: Re: Re: Buck Harvest posted by Lee on 27/Oct/2017

I have to agree, Lee. I feel that the "antler restrictions" that have been put in place by "OUR" F&W Deer Team, has implemented a rule that has done more damage to our deer herd than any other factor.
I agree that there a a lot fewer deer than I can ever remember, and I began to hunt for deer in 1956.......
I bought my 22 acre chunk of land we live on in 1970. It had been "logged off" about 3 years before I bought it, so there is no argument that my land had very poor deer .habitat
But now, I have about 20 acres of that land that is pretty decent deer habitat. So,for about the last 5 years, I have at least 5 deer who are feeding on the lawn and the 8 wild apple trees. Plus, I am seeing more and more fawns, every year. As well, for the last two years, I have seen a a pair of twins.
Also, I put up "hunting by permission signs". BUT, I only allow "kids" that are accompanied by an adult, to hunt on my land.
This has worked out pretty good, for both of us.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text