HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Who is/what is POW in Vermont

Delete this post Submitted by Ed Gallo on 07/Sep/2017 in reply to Who is/what is POW in Vermont posted by Joe on 07/Sep/2017

POW stands for "Protect Our Wildlife" is an anti-hunting and anti-trapping group that has taken a relatively aggressive stance on trying to influence hunting/trapping in Vermont. As far as I know, they attend every Vt. F&W Board meeting and videotape their meetings.

As far as I see, this is an overt attempt to intimidate the FWB members and the FWD into doing what they want. So far, I must commend both the FWB and the Department in their refusal to be influenced into doing anything detrimental to the wildlife of Vermont and/or its true Conservationists, the Hunters, Trappers and Fishers....

I believe they are also very tightly entwined with the HSUS. This group is also working hard to end hunting and trapping in the country.

The POW people are also trying hard to assert influence in the Vt Legislator. They are trying to gain seats on the FWB and have Legislators do their bidding as well. So far, we have been able to fend them off and their extreme views have actually reduced their credibility with most people in Montpelier.

Unfortunately, David Deen seems to think they have some good ideas and he is the Chairman of the F&W House Committee. Talk about the wrong guy in the wrong job....

Anyway, I hope this helps, Joe. We sportsfolk need to stay united and not allow ourselves to be split along the lines of our preferred methods and interests (such as vertical bows vs, crossbows), it only helps our collective enemies.
Thanks, Ed

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text