HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Is The F&W Direction

Delete this post Submitted by Ed Gallo on 25/Jun/2017 in reply to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Is The F&W Direction posted by lee on 24/Jun/2017

Most guys I know do not complain about trophy bucks...they just want to see some deer. Going out day after day and seeing nothing gets old fast. My camp is in Walden where there used to be some deer... never many but enough to keep interests up and always a chance to see a decent buck. Now, its tough to see anything and its evidenced by the severe drop in hunting pressure. Used to see other hunters fairly frequently and always cars at the parking lot on Steam Mill Brook but no longer the case. I tried to help the situation by asking FWD to at least open the main gate during hunting season to allow better access to get into the WMA...especially for older hunters but they responded with a BS answer about trying to provide a walk in experience. The Forest and Parks people are more amenable and supportive of hunters than the FWD is. I killed my first deer there when I was in 8th grade so I know a little bit about the history of the area. Its too bad really, I would rather hunt here but its disappointing. Ed

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text