HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Re: What Is The F&W Direction

Delete this post Submitted by Harry on 13/Jun/2017 in reply to Re: Re: What Is The F&W Direction posted by Lee on 13/Jun/2017

Everything has got so weirdly complicated. What I find helpfull is to look at a situation backwards. Thirty years ago all the FWD had on their plate was deer until some body said ..Hey, we need to stop running over the frogs in the road..the rest is history. If you look at the FWD website you can see a ongoing project to install some kind of culvert system in ponds for beaver but over the hill in another pond a land owner is shooting beaver as fast as they repopulat because they are cutting down his best apple trees. I can only speak for this patch of ground when I say that the bear population has grown to a problem size..I dont begruge a bear,coyote ,bobcat and moose or what ever passing thru on occation after all they where here first and their pressence makes country country. I am sure there are not 150 thou deer in Vt but the problems is nobody knows the exact number..no way to exact it. The FWD as well the rest of us has to use a estimated baseline to explain how and why they do what they do. Maybe they are not always likeable and transparent (new word)but we do need them. I have nothing but the best praise for their folks like wardens..their reaction is timely and persuent to any request I have made. Would be a wildwest show with out the law. They need a cash flow like everyone..takes them a little closer to being self funded we hope. Yes the antler point resriction was aloud died on the vine with a total vacume of leadership. .ten years down the road and I thought we would be up too a four point one side retriction .and a lottery draw for buck tags. The frogs win..not much else to do but keep complaining and pack the truck again for an out of state hunting trip.Stay strong.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text