HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new/ old commissioner

Delete this post Submitted by Frank on 04/Jan/2017 in reply to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new/ old commissioner posted by Ed Gallo on 03/Jan/2017

I have nothing against commissioner Porter but normally a new governor appoints his own cabinet based on sharing similar agendas. In my opinion our Vt Fish and Wildlife Department hasn't done much for the sportsmen under Governor Shumlin's watch. Case in point is the continued kicking the can down the road with regard to the spike horn rule which was supposed to be a trial for 5 years. I won't call it antler restriction since it really does nothing to protect the 1 1/2 year old deer. What it does protect are the spikes which make up only a portion of that buck age class. Many states that tried that are now feeling that type of rule negatively impact the general herd genetics. I now understand that the department is about to initiate some dramatic changes in the fishing rules. That action will only drive more sportsmen from hunting and fishing Vermont. Time for a change....I think so.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text